Join the Makers Book Club!
London Local team member Charlotte Yeo, owner of Chalk Designs Jewellery, has created a book club especially for makers and designers in London who want an excuse to socialise, get to know other makers and of course READ!
Read below for more information about the book club and how you can get involved!
Don’t have time to read anymore? Really want to?
Love being your own boss? Miss working with other people?
Having to do everything in your business? End up doing an average job?
There’s a solution…
Become a member of The Makers Book Club and benefit from:
Meeting other like-minded self-employed creatives with ambition
Read and listen to creative business relevant books and podcasts
Gain knowledge that will help your business succeed
Get invaluable feedback on your ideas
Be part of a creative community
- There is a small £3.00 fee for each meet-up, this covers admin and food/drinks costs
- The meet-ups currently take place at: Art Hub, 5-9 Creekside, Deptford, London SE8 4SA
- There are limited spaces each month and it runs on a first come, first serve basis
- Once you register as a member you will receive a monthly newsletter with the booking link
- There is no pressure once you are member to come to every or any meet-ups
Words from the Founder
Hi, my name is Charlotte Yeo and I am a full-time self-employed jeweller and silversmith, you may know me for my business Chalk Designs.
My aim is to support other local self-employed creatives, who like myself want to improve their business skills. I hope to do this through giving them the space each mother to socialise and network with like-minded people, and to share reading/listening material that is relevant to their work and will help them succeed at what they do.
“Entrepreneurs need a network, a community, they can depend on - or they risk isolation, stagnation and avoidable missteps.”
The words of Tara Gentile, the creator of Quiet Power Strategy™